Sunday, April 18, 2010

I Hope You Dance

This is the 2nd page I did for the April Challenge over at Scrapsidaisy! The title is a song by Lee Ann Womack and has what I think is a beautiful message for your children, and what you would hope and wish and dream for them for their future.

I have used a piece of TPC Studio Ancestral PP (I was lucky enough to get my hands on 2 sheets of the TPC pp when it came into Scrapsidaisy a few weeks ago!). I knew I wanted to do something 'vintage' but wasn't sure what until this challenge came up and I knew I wanted to use these papers. I have also used a Dusty Attic piece in the top left corner, the chandelier. These products are SOOO yummy, I just love everything about them. You can get your hands on some of the yumminess that is Dusty Attic over at Scrapsidaisy (scrapsidaisy.com/shop). (Forgive me I still haven't worked out how to attach a link as yet!)

I didn't have the 'perfect' flower for this corner, and I KNEW there was one of the exquisit 'Jules Gems' that would be perfect at Scrapsidaisy BUT I was too impatient to wait till Monday so I made my own flowers and am really happy with how they turned out! I love the little clock that I shrinky dinked when I was experimenting weeks ago with Shrinky Dink! It is a Kaiser stamp from their Duchess collection! There is also a little Jules Gems flower hiding in there as well!
On the Chandelier I have used Old Lace Glimmer Mist. I inked the flames of the candles with gold ink, painted some gold dust on them and then put a coat of Dimensional Magic on them for a bit of shine. The lace was orginally white so I stained it with tea to get a vintage colour for it.

Thanks so much for looking.


Enjoy what is left of your weekend,

Hel xo

Posted by Picasa

4 comments:

Pilvi said...

So beutiful! You're really talented :o

sarbearxoxo said...

this is amazing. its really inspired me to do something like that. keep up the good work :D

Unknown said...

THIS IS REALLY AMAZING

Unknown said...

its beautiful..